Head of Pricing Longevity & Customized Solutions
The role holder will be central to the development of Partner Re’s Customized Solutions business. CS develops Solvency 2, Volatility and In Force solutions and is key to Partner Re’s strategic growth.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing pricing input, structuring and underwriting expertise to PartnerRe’s business development and account management teams on CS deals such as “Solvency deals” where the client motivation stems from solvency purposes, deals with unusual risk transfer, large portfolio transfer transactions, deals with very low technical risk transfer or specific structuring features
- Collaboration with CS Non-Life on marketing actions and tools
- Research and development on S2 orientated solutions and identification of key concepts
- Set-up of marketing tools (presentations, articles, case studies, technical brochure) to support the development of CS across PartnerRe Life in coordination with the CP
- Internal training and seminars
- Management of all aspects of opportunities listed above (understanding of the client needs, client relationship, triage of the deals, pricing, structuring, risk mapping, writing of the technical and underwriting documentation of the deal for sign-off, client negotiation with the CP, treaty wording…) in coordination with the CP or other PRe’s departments
- Follow-up and analytics of the CS deals under Salesforce
- Update of the Relink Life CS team site
We are looking for a good balance of technical excellence, creativity, broad experience (in terms of markets and products), and deep understanding of client needs and challenges under the S2 environment. Openness, curiosity and pragmatism are desirable attitudes.
The ideal candidate is a very good communicator, capable of working in an international and culturally diverse environment, with a high degree of autonomy. She/he is able to lead and execute complex developments and projects independently.
- Actuarial qualification or equivalent
- At least 6 to 8 years of experience in life insurance/reinsurance, including pricing, structuring, valuation, consulting, broking, or working for the regulator, ideally in different environments
- Very good knowledge of Solvency 2 having worked in the consulting area, or in companies on Solvency 2 subjects
- Fluent in English, other languages such as French, and Spanish would be a plus
The position is based in PartnerRe’s Paris or Zurich offices, but occasional travel is expected.