As a Senior Pricing Actuary you will work in close collaboration with underwriting teams to identify profitable business. You will be involved in the pricing of multiple lines of business written out of Zurich and other PartnerRe offices, and you will lead the pricing of certain complex and strategically significant market segments.
Working with industry-leading Underwriters you will help to maintain and enhance client relationships for example by helping to provide transparent technical insight into the business, advising on deal structures, and attending client meetings.
You will be expected to develop and maintain advanced actuarial models and diagnostics, and to clearly communicate with Underwriters and other colleagues to enhance model understanding, including model strengths and limitations.
The departmental scope of business is worldwide, and covers most classes of reinsurance business (for example Specialty, Casualty, Property, etc.).
You will also perform profitability analysis to support business decisions, and proactively discuss trends and insights within the company.
You will be involved in mentoring junior colleagues, as well as technical training for other departments.
- 5-10 years of work experience, including significant experience in non-life reinsurance pricing
- Experience in pricing long-tail liability business, including UK motor, reinsurance pricing is an advantage
- University degree in physics, mathemetics, actuarial science, or similar
- Qualified Actuary or pursuing the qualification
- Good communication skills and proficiency in English
- Highly motivated, reliable, flexible and proactive in solving problems
- Team player who enjoys working with internal and external clients