Local Head of Standard Claims - Zurich
Area of responsibilities
In this role you are in charge of a defined portfolio of standard claims, which you will analyse, monitor, report and process.
In more detail your tasks are:
- Checking and registering loss advices, cash-loss requests and technical accounts which are within the scope of the assigned accounts
- Analyzing incoming loss information from clients and corresponding with them accordingly
- Handling claim analysis work for treaty and facultative reinsurance claims, including the assessment of exposures and the establishment of appropriate reserves
- Interacting with Underwriters and Actuaries in different locations on claims related matters
- Preparing and organizing information and data which are necessary management reports on a daily, weekly or quarterly basis ensuring proper communication of developments and issues to internal business partners
- Administration of claims within department utlized systems, including the management of paper and electronic documents
- Participating in regular data quality checks
To be successful in this role, you need to bring along the following profile:
- Commercial apprenticeship
- Around 3-5 years experience in claims administration, including good general re/insurance knowledge]
- Proficiency with Excel and Word
- Ideally experience with the reinsurance data system SICS/nt, and knowledge of a reporting tool (e.g. Business Objects)
- Proficiency in English, both verbally and in writing; any other language is a plus
- Well-organized working style and strong attention to detail
What can we offer you
An international environment for reinsurance claim handling, where you will be challenged and can be exposed to multiple lines of business for development. Our structure fosters collaboration with various stakeholders in different locations.
A working place in the middle of Zurich Seefeld at the lake, with an inhouse restaurant and fitness, and attractive insurance benefits, contribution to public transportation, etc.