SVP, Surety Bond Manager
With some support and guidance, underwrite US Surety business and begin to market for new business opportunities through the professional surety brokers. Work with the pricing and contracts departments to evaluate both renewals and new business opportunities.
Area of responsibilities
- Responsible for underwriting and marketing US surety business and communicate such to clients, prospects and brokers.
- Develop relationships with the US surety brokers.
- Responsible for evaluating and developing reinsurance structures, reviewing surety reinsurance contracts and working with the pricing group.
- Some responsibility to underwrite special acceptance requests.
- Provide marketing support to the surety manager for new business.
- Develop and manage broker relationships.
- Team player
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Ability to multi-task and communicate as needed
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance, required
- Solid written and oral communication skills, required
- Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint and Word documents, required
- 3-5 years primary Surety underwriting experience preferred
- 3-5 years prior reinsurance experience preferred
- Some marketing experience in US preferred
- Job will require some travel (client/prospect visits, industry meetings and broker visits)
PartnerRe does not interview employment candidates or make offers of employment solely on the basis of telephone or electronic interviews or other communications. Authorized PartnerRe email communications are sent only from an official @PartnerRe.com email address. In addition, PartnerRe does not request payments of money from employment candidates before or after an offer of employment is made.
Equal Opportunity Employer