SVP, Manager, Casualty and Healthcare Liability
The Senior Casualty Underwriter will be responsible for managing a diverse book of casualty business. The individual will be part of a highly collaborative team in which decisions are made without many layers of underwriting decision-making.
Area of responsibilities
- Manage a book of casualty treaty business that will include a combination of auto, MGA, healthcare, umbrella / excess casualty, E&S, worker’s compensation, and environmental business.
- Build a portfolio of business that is designed to perform well throughout the market cycle.
- Conduct extensive reviews and analyses of submissions and thorough analysis of primary operations, products and management teams.
- Partner with clients to review their specific requirements and structure appropriate reinsurance products to satisfy their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and reinsurance brokers to ensure continuous flow of desirable business and to cultivate new business opportunities.
- Work in close collaboration with the actuarial, finance and claims teams to analyze and structure reinsurance programs.
- Travel as required to meet with clients and brokers, attend client reviews and industry conferences.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to engage clients, brokers and colleagues and gain their trust.
- An analytical underwriter with strong technical skills.
- Highly collaborative; the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- A desire to share one’s point of view.
- Sound business judgment.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Unquestionable professional integrity.
- A university degree is required. An MBA or relevant advanced degree is preferred.
- CPCU, ARE or other industry designations are preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in progressively senior underwriting roles with at least five years experience at a reinsurer. This individual may also have gained experience at a reinsurance broker.
- Strong technical skills and experience underwriting a wide range of casualty lines.
- Has developed strong industry relationships and is respected by reinsurance brokers and insurers.
- Experience partnering with actuarial teams to price and structure reinsurance treaties.
- A thorough understanding of the underlying business. Preferably, has gained experience as a primary insurance underwriter or as a facultative reinsurance underwriter.
- A strong grasp of policy forms and pricing schemes. As well, an understanding of the role and impact on claims, actuarial, and finance in the underwriting process.
PartnerRe does not interview employment candidates or make offers of employment solely on the basis of telephone or electronic interviews or other communications. Authorized PartnerRe email communications are sent only from an official @PartnerRe.com email address. In addition, PartnerRe does not request payments of money from employment candidates before or after an offer of employment is made.
Equal Opportunity Employer