Head LT Propositions – Actuarial (Life Solutions)
The role holder will be a key member of a multi-disciplinary team (actuarial, medical and underwriting) and is expected to make significant positive contributions to the development and enhancement of PartnerRe’s Long Term value propositions. The primary focus will be in the areas of Critical Illness and Longevity.
You will be responsible for:
- Development of relevant Long Term propositions (including research, pricing benchmarks, rating factors, product features, etc.)
- Development and maintenance of proposition manuals
- Providing actuarial advice and expertise to support the Life Market Units
- Peer reviews of market-based pricing exercises and benchmarks
- Experience analyses and graduation of datasets
- Trainings and seminars
Internal and external presentations and publications
We are looking for a technically excellent individual with an ability to be pragmatic and demonstrate commercial sense. A strong background in an analytical subject is necessary. You should be a solution finder, have a curiosity to explore and have an interest in applied finance and mathematics.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, capable of explaining complex technical issues in a simple way. They will look to work in a dynamic and culturally diverse international environment with a high degree of autonomy, yet be an effective team player ready to meet the business needs.
- Achieved (or working towards) an actuarial or analytical qualification
- Strong graduates or individuals with up to 5 years’ experience in (life) insurance/reinsurance pricing or research
- Experience in Critical Illness or Longevity would be an advantage
- A thorough and accurate working style
- Programming skills in R would be an advantage
- Fluent in English, preferably proficient in another language
The position is based in PartnerRe’s Zurich office, but occasional travel is expected.