Pre-MBA Associate in Corporate Development
Founded in 1993, PartnerRe is a global multi-line reinsurance company with $23 billion of assets and $9 billion of capital. We serve clients from 21 office locations around the world and offer risk analysis and risk assumption services that cover property, casualty, life, and health lines of business. PartnerRe is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EXOR, one of Europe’s leading investment companies with net asset value of over $12 billion. EXOR’s other current investments include Fiat Chrysler, Ferrari, The Economist, CNHI, Almacantar, and Juventus.
We are seeking a pre-MBA Associate in Corporate Development, who will be based in Greenwich, CT, to assist the team in sourcing, performing due diligence, structuring, and managing strategic acquisition, investment, and partnership opportunities globally. The scope spans the insurance value chain and covers both developed and emerging markets. The Associate will also work directly with the Chief Risk and Actuarial Officer, who is a member of the Executive Committee, on capital allocation and risk framework.
• Generate investment ideas and source actionable opportunities
• Perform all aspects of quantitative analysis, including the construction of detailed financial models
• Assess business models and identify key drivers of profitability for companies
• Participate in all due diligence sessions with management, attorneys, and accountants
• Draft investment presentations
• Assist management teams of investee companies with strategic initiatives, M&A transactions, and market assessments
• Assist in preparing internal reports pertaining to the Corporate Development group
• Help monitor existing private equity investments
• 1 to 3 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, corporate development, and/or transaction advisory services
• Significant experience in building detailed financial models
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to function well in a small team environment
Start Date: Immediate
PartnerRe does not interview employment candidates or make offers of employment solely on the basis of telephone or electronic interviews or other communications. Authorized PartnerRe email communications are sent only from an official @PartnerRe.com email address. In addition, PartnerRe does not request payments of money from employment candidates before or after an offer of employment is made.
Equal Opportunity Employer