We are seeking for our Global Broker & Client Management and Europe P&C Team in our Zurich office a
Master Student / Graduate (80% - 100%) in Financial Analytics
for a period of at least 6 months, ideally starting on July/August (we are flexible to discuss this)
To be an ideal candidate you have a strong interest in the insurance industry & capital markets. The main focus is on the creation of client insights to derive convincing hypotheses for business generation and C-Level dialogue on economic, regulatory or statutory capital driven topics.
Main activities in this role are:
- to perform detailed analyses on client financials and explore strategic needs in order to identify profitable business opportunities for PartnerRe,
- to coordinate or facilitate the development of high quality analytics and client related presentation materials,
- to support the underwriting with market research, competition watch and analysis of complex international client insurance portfolios,
- to provide input on the client planning and strategy development,
- and last but not least, to work closely together with senior team members as well as other functional areas within PartnerRe, including Underwriting and Customized Solutions.
Our requirements are:
- university degree in economics, business management or actuarial science (pending or accomplished); ideally relevant experience in (re)insurance, broking, financial advisory or banking
- solid understanding of basic corporate finance and financial analysis with exposure to financial analytics and data modelling
- strong analytical and quantitative skills
- advanced Excel/ VBA and PowerPoint skills
- highly motivated with an ability to work in an international, cross functional environment
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- strong team player with an ability to sustain high level of work output and meet tight deadlines
- independent thinking and creative problem solving skills
- proficiency in English; other European languages are a plus
- you are a local candidate with EU or Swiss nationality
What can we offer you:
An international environment, where you will be challenged, can learn from Senior Specialists and are exposed to multiple lines of business. Our structure fosters collaboration with various stakeholders in different locations. Furthermore, an attractive working place in the middle of Zurich Seefeld at the lake with an inhouse restaurant and fitness.