IFM Actuarial – Team Lead
As an Assistant Actuary in Inforce Management you will be part of a small team of four with your primary responsibility being the administration of the In Force PartnerRe Life portfolio. In particular:
- you will assist in the administration of numerous treaties and will help to impliment a standard treaty administration system across the Life Business Unit. Your ideas will help improve working practices and efficiencies across the team
- you will calculate expected premiums for a number of reinsurance treaties and then validate your calculations against actual premiums received
Additional further tasks:
- you will be part of an audit team which performs on site audits of our UK cedants, and verifies that the controls and measures in place are compliant with PartnerRe expectations
- You will produce experience analyses on a wide variety of long-term mortality and protection treaties, and communicate the results of these invistigations providing insight to your manager and to the commercial and reserving teams. In addition, you will be expected to verify collateral calculations on large longevity deals
As financially minded recent graduate you will be given the opportunity to persue an actuarial career in reinsurance, and you will be encouraged to study toward a professional actuarial qualification if you so desire.
You are a Swiss based candidate with a Swiss or EU nationality and you meet the following profile:
- University degree in physics, mathematics, actuarial science, computing or similar
- Up to one year of working experience in the financial industry
- Highly motivated, reliable, flexible and proactive in solving problems
- Structured and efficient working methods with focus on high quality delivery
- Excellent coordination and communication skills across functions, cultures and hierarchical levels
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work with collegues remotely and across international borders
- Team player who enjoys working with internal and external clients
- IT skills: good knowledge of Microsoft Software (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Experience coding R would be highly beneficial
What we can offer you
An international environment where you will be challenged and exposed to longevity and protection life business for development. Our structure fosters collaboration with various stakeholders in different locations.
A working place in the middle of Zurich Seefeld at the lake, with an inhouse restaurant and fitness, and attractive insurance benefits, contribution to public transportation, etc.