PartnerRe Ltd. is a leading global reinsurer, providing multi-line risk management solutions around the world. Risks reinsured include property, casualty, motor, agriculture, aviation/space, catastrophe, credit/surety, engineering, energy, marine, specialty property, specialty casualty, multiline and other lines, mortality, longevity, health, and alternative risk products.
PartnerRe Health, the global Health Division of PartnerRe, is an acknowledged leader in providing risk management solutions to accident and health markets. Our team of experienced professionals develops innovative, client-specific solutions by thoroughly understanding our clients’ goals, market, risk tolerance and exposures. Using a suite of proven proprietary financial and analytical tools, we design an effective risk management program with extensive support services.
We are expanding our Claims team and are seeking a Claims Assistant, to be located in our Maple Grove, MN office.
The Claims Assistant provides support to the claim department for claim related processes. The position interacts with internal staff to coordinate and resolve issues related to claim formatting and importing. The position also interacts with clients in the processes involved in receipt of claim submissions and distribution of outgoing claim documents and any reporting needs.
Area of responsibilities
• Ensure the organization, preparation and entry of claims is handled in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner.
• Provide consistent quality and professional service to PartnerRe Health’s internal and external customers.
• Claim Administration functions include:
o Downloading claim submissions from email and data room to client file on network.
o Entering received claims data into Administrative system.
o Formatting and importing of received claim submissions (claim set-up).
o Preparing and transmitting finalized/completed claims documents.
o Client interaction regarding receipt of claim submissions and claim submission format.
o Inform management of any claim received >$350,000.
o Set up of Sharefile for clients and internal staff.
• Maintain paperless filing system.
• Coordinate and resolve internal claim processing issues.
• Maintain department productivity and turn-around-time standards.
• Assist Claim Managers as needed in training of claims staff with respect to Claims Assistant duties.
• Build and maintain proactive and positive working relationships with PartnerRe Health’s internal and external customers (i.e. clients, brokers, PartnerRe Business Units).
• Facilitate working groups as needed/required.
• Facilitate reporting needs for Claim Department.
• Other duties as may be requested by the Claims Management Team.
• Accurately and efficiently meet or exceed corporate and industry standards.
• Promote the company’s effort to comply with all regulatory requirements, meeting confidentiality standards as applicable.
• Interface effectively and efficiently with all PartnerRe Health employees to achieve corporate goals and facilitate appropriate communication.
• Instill customer oriented focus in all operations.
• Demonstrated advanced competency in Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to analyze large data sets with pivot tables, data base or macros.
• Competency in Microsoft Word.
• Ability to drive process improvement for the purpose of streamlining procedures and continuing to create process efficiencies.
• Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience, as evidence of a broad education and an ability to deal with diverse situations and people.
• Strong organizational skills; accurate and detail oriented.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-function business unit.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong customer services skills.
• Insurance/healthcare industry experience.
• Familiarity with healthcare billing and coding.
• Direct client service experience.
PartnerRe does not interview employment candidates or make offers of employment solely on the basis of telephone or electronic interviews or other communications. Authorized PartnerRe email communications are sent only from an official @PartnerRe.com email address. In addition, PartnerRe does not request payments of money from employment candidates before or after an offer of employment is made.
Equal Opportunity Employer